Islandskabsturen is a day trip on Icelandic horses through the glacial landscape, and it brings you into the central area of the Fyn Alps. The horseback riding provides a fantastic experience of moving through the countryside on horses who have the joy of the attentive to go forward and to cooperate with the rider and with the rest of the Pack.
[edsanimate_start entry_animation_type= “slideInUp” entry_delay= “0” entry_duration= “1.5” entry_timing= “ease-in” exit_animation_type= “” exit_delay= “” exit_duration= “” exit_timing= “” animation_repeat= “1” keep= “yes” animate_on= “load” scroll_offset= “” custom_css_class= “”]
The Fyn Alps was created by ice age glaciers, since they of 15000 years ago moved across the island of Funen. Svanninge Bakker is the most striking manifestation of these enormous forces of nature, and the stunning views from the Tower in the hills gives a unique picture of the result: one of the most beautiful landscapes in Denmark.
We stop at dolmens and roads, and looking at the traces of human activity since the ice age, how they have buried their dead and have had to work and serve to maintain a life in this region.
On the tour you will pass by, among other things:
- M farm, there is a manor house built around an ancient medieval castle mound.
- Trente Mølle, where in association with M farm already in 1500-century was built a water mill, and in 1868 installed a steam engine.
- At the old Hovvej to Tranesvænge
- Stone nozzle in Tranesvænget, there is a nice sight in the bottom of the beautiful beech forest.
- Svanninge Bakker, who after the storm in 1999 has been brought back to the open country, which gives a great view of the hilly terrain. We stop at the Tower, and goes up and enjoying the fantastic views of glacial landscape. Afterwards we take for iskiosken and enjoying an ice cream.
- Jelling with a beautiful view of Helnæs Bay in the Viking era may have been Assembly port for naval expeditions in the Fyns wiring before strangers.
The ride starts at 10 with opsadling of the horses. CA. 12.30 we rest and eat lunch and around 4.30 pm we are back in the M.
The tours can be conducted with groups of 6-10 persons.