In the Icelandic horse through the glacial landscape
In a collaboration between the Archipelago Museum in Fåborg and M Riding will be organized guided horseback riding on Icelandic horses from M to Svanninge Bakker. You can read the invitation from the Museum here: cultural history horseback riding in the Fyn Alps.
In the company of the archipelago museum landscape archaeologist, ph. d. Poul Baltzer Heide, and a small group of riders, you will get here a unique opportunity to experience the glacial landscape seen through the eyes of historical landscape. At the same time gives the ride you a special experience of moving through the glacial landscape on secure and attentive horse, who would like to cooperate with the rider. On the trip there will also be reported on the horse's history in Denmark and how older horse use is included as a part of cultural history.
Glacial landscape was created by the glaciers that covered large parts of Denmark for 15000 years ago. The Fyn Alps stretches from landless in the West to Vester Ã…by in the East, and centrally located Svanninge Bakker, who has an exciting history, where one can still find drawings of high fields from the middle ages.
Along the way on horseback riding through the glacial landscape do we kept and make stretch-leg-breaks on several of the most exciting places in the amazing cultural and historical landscape.
The trip goes along the following route:
- From M 32 through Malsdam forest and along the old Hovvej to Tranesvænge.
- Stay at the stone nozzle in Tranesvænget, there is a nice sight in the bottom of the beautiful beech forest.
- From Tranesvænge through the Old forest to Hammer pond.
- Stay at Hammer pond with information about its landscape and culture-historical hallmark.
- From Hammer pond over the golf course to the Svanninge Bakker.
- Stay in Svanninge Bakker with a fantastic view of the hilly terrain and time for both lunch and stories about the landscape and history.
- From the ridge down through one of the canyons in Svanninge Bakker and around to Jelling.
- Stay at Jelling, with beautiful views over the countryside to the Helnæs Bay.
- Over to Kronborgvej and Nørremarken along this to Hovvejen, leading back to M.
Details about the trip through the glacial landscape
You must meet for the trip at 10 with Riding on address M 32 M, and you are encouraged to take a packed lunch with. It will be shipped with in saddlebags and enjoyed along the way along with one of the fine prospects. The ride is just over 15 km and ends in M around at 13.45. The trip including turhest, ridekort and both ride-as landscape archaeology guide offered for a special discount price of 595.0-for adults and 395.0 for children-(standard price for riding is more than 25% higher than this). There are only 8-10 seats on each trip, so it is recommended that you sign up quickly.
Here is the way